Weddings at Camp Mitchell
Camp Mitchell is a beautiful and holy place for starting the journey of marriage. If you are interested in using our facilities for your upcoming nuptials, please read the information below. If you have any questions concerning our policies or facilities, please feel free to call or email us.
Weddings at Camp Mitchell are usually booked at least one year in advance. During our summer camp season (June - the 1st week of August) our chapel is available for Saturday weddings only.
Camp Mitchell Wedding Policy
Camp Mitchell is a ministry of the Episcopal Diocese of Arkansas. As such, there are expectations concerning who can seek to be married in our facilities. Camp Mitchell is not a wedding chapel. Persons seeking the sacrament of marriage at Camp Mitchell should be seeking to have a Christian ceremony grounded in the couple's commitment to God as the foundation of their marriage. All persons seeking the sacrament of marriage must conform to the following expectations:
1. Any wedding ceremony that takes place in Transfiguration Chapel must be presided over by a licensed Christian minister, recognized in the state of Arkansas.
2. At least one person of the couple seeking marriage must be a baptized Christian. (The Episcopal Church recognizes Christian baptism as valid within any Christian denomination. Therefore you do not need to be baptized within the Episcopal Church.)
Wedding Facilities Rental Prices
- Chapel of the Transfiguration -
- $400 for 2 hours of use
- Each additional hour is $200
- $800 for 4 hours of use
- Each additional hour is $150
- $1400 for 8 hours of use (all-day)
- $400 for 2 hours of use
- Keller Hall (Reception Site) - $1200 for 4 hours of use
- Alcohol is allowed with the consent of the Director
- This price includes the
- rental of the building
- tables & chairs
- use of the kitchen*
- You can either hire our Award Winning Chef (Adam Hanry) to cater your meal OR you can hire a licensed caterer and pay an additional $100 to have our staff on site
- Lodging is available. Please contact the office for further information.
- Canterbury Lodge - If you are interested in a small wedding with a beautiful view but are not fully committed to being married at the Chapel of the Transfiguration, please consider Canterbury Lodge.
- 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom house
- Can easily hold a small outdoor wedding on back patio or in the yard
- Rents for $500 a day and is not subject to summer date restrictions like the Chapel of the Transfiguration.
Camp Mitchell Exclusive Wedding Package
The Camp Mitchell Exclusive Wedding Package provides the wedding party with private use of Camp Mitchell facilities from Friday at 3 o'clock until Sunday at noon. The cost of this package is $7000 and includes:
- Chapel of the Transfiguration
- Keller Hall for a rehearsal dinner and wedding reception
- Retreat Logding (Grace Lodge, Bishop's Apartment, Darragh Cabin, All Good Gifts Cabin, and the Infirmary-50 beds) with linens for 2 nights
- Hoke Lodge
The wedding party will have the option of hiring Camp Mitchell's chef and kitchen staff to cater the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception (at additional cost) or hiring a licensed caterer.
When available, additional lodging and meals can be arranged for an added cost.